At the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Identify time management strategies for communicating with online students.
- Identify time management strategies for managing grades.
- Identify time management strategies for students.
- Discuss why it is important for online instructors to be flexible.
- Identify the characteristics of an adult learner.
Glossary of Key Terms
Asynchronous Discussions - Discussion where the participants do not all have to be present at the same time.
FAQ - An acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.
Self-directed Learning - A process in which students take the initiative to diagnose their learning needs, formulate learning goals, identify resources for learning, select and implement learning strategies and evaluate learning outcomes. The role of the instructor shifts from being the 'sage on the stage' to the 'guide on the side' in a self-directed learning environment.
Synchronous Discussions - Discussions that occur live and in real time.