Here's How - Time Management for Students
Here are some tips on how to foster self-directed learning and help students organize their time:
- Have students take turns leading or moderating online discussions.
- Use the calendar in your content management system to keep students aware of upcoming due dates and events.
- Be sure students read the course syllabus at the beginning of the semester and have access to it throughout the duration of the course.
- Provide links and access to institutional resources students might need.
- Ask students to self-assess or reflect on their learning and progress, and post questions to discussion forums or seek help when necessary.
- Provide opportunities for peer review.
- Large projects may be overwhelming to some and students may need help organizing their time. Some students may need more feedback than others to ensure they are on the right track. Break larger projects up into smaller chunks and provide students with the opportunity to submit work at various stages.