Here's How – Student Retention
Strategy 3 – Readiness Surveys
- Consider readiness surveys, computer skills surveys, and other questionnaires that help target student risk areas.
- By initiating earlier interventions, you may prevent some cases of student drop outs. An example is the Student Readiness Survey from Cuesta Community College.
Strategy 4 – Technical Training
- Online orientation courses and Help Desks can provide technical training and support to online students, which may reduce drops related to technical difficulties.
Strategy 5 – Professional Development
- Pedagogy, course design and instructor training affect student retention.
- Ongoing professional development is key for online teachers transitioning from the traditional classroom to online environments.