At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Identify the differences between online, face-to-face and hybrid instruction.
- Identify issues related to transitioning from the face-to-face to the online learning classroom.
- Provide an overview of what online instructors need to know about their Course Management System.
- Identify items that help prepare students for your online course.
- Recognize strategies for building community in the online classroom.
- Name strategies that help hybrid instructors get started.
- Identify issues related to managing content in the online classroom.
Glossary of Key Terms
Asynchronous - Participants do not all have to be logged in at the same time for discussion and content delivery to occur.
Synchronous - Discussion and content delivery occurs live and in real time.