Here's How – Getting Started
III. Strategies for hybrid instructors
If you are teaching a hybrid course, careful planning is a key consideration.
From a pedagogical perspective, hybrid learning can combine the best of face-to-face learning experiences with the best of online (Ragan, 2007). It provides students with the opportunity to:
- Practice technology skills in navigating online course materials.
- Create digital content for assignments.
- Increase in student-instructor and student-student interactions through the use of course communication tools.
- Reserve face-to-face time for interactive activities, such as higher-level discussions, small group work, debates, demonstrations, or lab activities.
- Allow students to have more control over the pace of their own learning and review difficult concepts over time.