Here's How - Culture
When considering how you will design an online course, you may want to consider an overview of your potential audience (Powell, 2004). In a culturally diverse world, it is suggested that instructors spend time (if at all possible) to research your audience and their backgrounds.
1. What country do they come from?
2. What language(s) do they and their families speak?
3. What was life like in their native country?
4. What was their previous schooling experience?
5. What is their level of literacy in their native language?
6. What are some aspects of their culture that may impact experiences in the learning environment?